Recipes & Stories from a Chinatown Legend
A Chinatown institution, Hop Woo has come a long way since it opened in 1993 with just eight tables, sizing up and winning over throngs of loyal customers through the decades thanks to its classic Hong Kong-style BBQ and regional specialties. In this little book, Judy and Lupe Liang present a hitlist of menu favorites along with stories, memories and reflections of their many years at the helm. From Lupe’s reflections of his early days in Mexico through to last year’s craziness—and everything in between—this is a joyous celebration of a beloved family restaurant. Cook the menu, eat the menu, learn their story. Leave stupidly happy.
96 Page paperback
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Once demand is met, the book making process will begin. This title will be printed and shipped in May 2021.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
THIS TITLE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED AND WILL BE SHIPPED IN MAY 2021
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.