The Road Less Traveled
At tiny LA taco temple Sonoratown, Jen Feltham and Teo Diaz don’t believe in doing things by halves. Here the hundreds of handmade tortillas that roll out of the kitchen daily – tissue thin, phenomenally flawless and almost impossibly delicious – are cooked over mesquite wood fire and made from flour brought back from over the border in Sonora, where heirloom wheat has been cultivated for more than 400 years. In this little book the pair take us on the road trip behind quite possibly the craziest restaurant supply chain ever – heading out of downtown and rolling into Teo’s hometown in Northern Mexico to pick up the goods that have put them on the map and won them a legion of admirers from coast to coast (and beyond). Part reflection and reminiscence on people, produce and place, part recipe book and part guide to the best goddam tacos you’ll ever eat in your life, this is one takeaway tome that’s guaranteed to both blow your mind and transport you to a place where life simply tastes better. And who wouldn’t want that?
96 Page paperback
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
THIS BOOK WILL REMAIN ON SALE UNTIL PRINT IN 8-12 WEEKS
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.