9 mistakes we made for you
Opening in a Santa Monica strip mall back in 2016, Kato hit the local food scene with the biggest of bangs, with chef Jon Yao reinterpreting the Taiwanese dishes of his heritage into exquisite tasting menus that transformed this unassuming little spot into a national dining destination and LA Times Food Best in Show. But that hasn’t stopped the exceptional team here fucking up a ton along the way. In this little book they reveal the journey they’ve been on up to this point, the mistakes they’ve made and the changes in direction they’ve taken as they’ve grown up into the awe-inspiringly creative, award-winning restaurant they are today. Hopes, dreams, disasters and the rest are laid bare here, along with a whole of lot of heart and a selection of dishes from the archive that have helped define this incredible restaurant’s identity and taught them what to push for. We all learn the most from our mistakes. So why not take a class from some of the best in the business?
96 Page paperback
Estimated print date: March 2021
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
THIS BOOK WILL REMAIN ON SALE UNTIL PRINT IN 8-12 WEEKS
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.