Leigh Street Wine Room978-0-6450173-9-7
Leigh Street Wine Room
From scratch, naturally
DIY cookery projects, fire cooking, wine recommendations and more from Adelaide's foodie finest
Since opening the doors to this former drycleaners the Leigh Street Wine Room crew haven’t had the best of luck – getting up and running at the tail-end of last year just in time to hit the smokiest of summers, then being shuttered by Covid before being held up by the sort of red tape and restriction wrangling that make you wonder if any of this is actually worth it. It’s a crying shame, as just one taste of the food here reveals the answer to be a resounding YES!
At Leigh Street, ‘in-house’ and ‘from scratch’ aren’t terms to be bandied about lightly, with co-owner Nathan Sasi butchering his own meat and turning out the sort of house-made charcuterie, cheeses and breads that are nothing short of breath-taking. In this stunning little book, the guys showcase some of their favourite DIY foodstuffs, with a half dozen in-depth, step-by-step process-driven recipes for cheeses, salamis and the rest that’ll have you rolling up your sleeves, pouring yourself a glass of something natural and setting aside some serious weekend time to get diving into properly. This is project cooking at its finest, but there’s also a stunning selection of dishes from the flames along with some serious local natural wine knowledge, too. Yup, that’s quite the little package, but we’d expect nothing less from a spot that’s been kicking ALL the goals since day one. So, what are you waiting for? Get in there and grab yourself a slice of Adelaide’s finest, as pre-sale starts… NOW!
96 Page paperback
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
THIS TITLE HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED AND WILL AND WILL REMAIN ON SALE
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.