The Pie Life
Small business is a daydream of many – the idea attractive, the reality confronting – but the difference between having that dream and making it a reality is simply DOING IT. Don’t believe us? Just ask Aaron Donato and Scott Blomfield, whose life-long love of all things pie led to them setting up Pie Thief in Footscray in 2019. To two pie-obsessed individuals it looked like a no-brainer on paper. Pies = win, right? Fluffy flaky pastry, delicious saucy filling, all presented as a neat little takeaway package. What could possibly go wrong?
Turns out, a LOT. So strap yourselves in and get set for a rip-roaring roller coaster of a ride as the pair reveal their twisting, turning and downright delicious narrative that sees them from initial concept through to their current position atop the city’s podium of pastry-clad perfection. With awesome illustration from Matt Hobson and Jess Wilson and a selection of all-killer, no-filler recipes for some of the Thief’s best-loved pies from Steak & Cheese and Thai Green Curry through to the Lasagne Pie and Vegan Tofu Saag with Green Beans & Tofu this is a life in food unlike any other. But whether you’re a dreamer or a doer there’s really only one option here when it comes to this little book – get in, grab it with both hands, get messy, get happy… and get yours NOW.
96 Page paperback
SHIPPING: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
THIS BOOK HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY FUNDED AND WILL REMAIN ON SALE UNTIL PRINT
Cover: Mock up only*
IF YOU HAVE BOUGHT MULTIPLE TITLES PLEASE READ:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.