Recipes & Stories from a Chinatown Legend
A Chinatown institution, Hop Woo has come a long way since it opened in 1993 with just eight tables, sizing up and winning over throngs of loyal customers through the decades thanks to its classic Hong Kong-style BBQ and regional specialties. In this little book, Judy and Lupe Liang present a hitlist of menu favorites along with stories, memories and reflections of their many years at the helm. From Lupe’s reflections of his early days in Mexico through to last year’s craziness—and everything in between—this is a joyous celebration of a beloved family restaurant. Cook the menu, eat the menu, learn their story. Leave stupidly happy.
96 Page paperback
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.
Shipping takes upto two weeks on all orders.
Wondering why? All our books are printed on demand, which ensures we have ZERO waste. When you purchase a book on our website, your order goes to the printer to be printed and shipped. And hey presto! Two weeks later, the book will be on its way to your letterbox.
If you're purchasing books that are still in the pre-order stage, we'll send all your books together once the final title is available to print. This is in line with our zero waste policy and may mean a longer wait time for your order.
PURCHASING PRE-ORDER TITLES:
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
PURCHASING MULTIPLE TITLES:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.