The Black Box - A deep, deep dive into a mind-bending signature dish.
Since its inception in late 2018, the mysterious Black Box has been the dramatic finale to every one of Chef Peter Gunn’s 10-course degustation dinners at his Collingwood restaurant Ides, and for very good reason. A featureless, jet black cube of ash black chocolate on the outside houses a shifting trove of treasured tastes so technically terrifying those poor MasterChef contestants are probably still having nightmares.
But what goes into the making of a stunning signature like this? Where does the initial inspiration come from? And what exactly are the intricacies of gastronomical flux and flow, warp and weft needed to transform that original idea into final ‘finished’ form? This little book aims to find out, as we make like Pandora and lift the lid on each and every aspect and element of this most curious of culinary cuboids. So… we guess that just begs one question. Who’s up for coming down, down, down this particular rabbit hole with us?
96 Page paperback
Cover: Mock up only
Use this banner to inform customers about special features for your products, or various promotions like free shipping.
Shipping takes upto two weeks on all orders.
Wondering why? All our books are printed on demand, which ensures we have ZERO waste. When you purchase a book on our website, your order goes to the printer to be printed and shipped. And hey presto! Two weeks later, the book will be on its way to your letterbox.
If you're purchasing books that are still in the pre-order stage, we'll send all your books together once the final title is available to print. This is in line with our zero waste policy and may mean a longer wait time for your order.
PURCHASING PRE-ORDER TITLES:
- Take away books are made available for pre-order for a period of 10 business days.
- In this time, the title needs to meet a minimum pre-order number of 100 copies in order for the book to be made.
- IF pre-order demand is not met, then the site will effectively act as a crowdfunding site and will forward all generated money (minus our $50 listing fee) to the Author/Venue. There are no refunds.
- Turn around time from approval to printed books in mail is 8-12 weeks.
- Please follow Somekind on Instagram or join the mailing list (below) to follow the progress of this title.
PURCHASING MULTIPLE TITLES:
All books will be sent together once the final title has gone to print. This may mean a longer wait time for your order. If any of the titles do not successfully make it to print, you will only receive the titles which have been successfully funded, with the remaining funds generated going to the venue.